Thank you to everyone who came out to my workshop “Morning Mobility” at The National Flute Association convention in Las Vegas! I had a great time with you and I hope you learned a lot. In case you didn’t get the handout, you can download it by clicking on this link – Morning Mobility.
Some of the blog posts I mentioned were:
- Sleeping Glutes: Sleeping Booty Part I and Part II
- Upper Body Mobility: Thoracic Mobility exercises
- If you suffer from shoulder pain, check out these two guest blog posts and see if they can help you: Shoulder Pain Secret Part 1 and Part 2
- Shoulder and Neck pain: Identifying Shoulder Pain Part 1 and Part 2 – What to Do About It (the pictures with the guy and using the ball on his neck)
- Another favorite that has to do directly with Flutists is: The Flutists Pain Points – more talk about wrists
You can get the products used in the class under the Equipment Category in the shop.
- Foam rollers are there, and I highly recommend the 3′ rollers over the 1′ rollers. They are easier to use in that you can continually keep moving without having to keep repositioning yourself.
- In the class we used lacrosse balls, but you can use the Trigger Point package if you want some more in-depth products.
- The book I referenced: “Inside-Out: The Ultimate Upper Body Warm-Up” information is here (you can purchase the book through that link as well)
Thank you to everyone who came by the Performance Health Committee booth in the convention hall to consult our great committee members. I really enjoyed getting to speak with several of you. Thank you also to those of you who came up for an assessment. If you would like more information on what to do for your specific condition, I would be happy to provide you with a program, you can purchase an online training program from me here. Please feel free to email me with any additional questions that may have come up since we last spoke, I’d love to talk to you.
For teachers and those of you in flute clubs, I do travel to do my workshops so if you think your organization could benefit from my workshop I would love to come to you. We can tailor a workshop to be as long as you like with whatever is needful for each organization, be it a 2 day class, or a 1 hour lecture or a hands on master-class with individual students. You can find more information on my workshops under the Workshops Tab I am happy to send you a brochure and rate sheet for your perusal as well.
For those of you in the Tennessee area I will be giving a workshop at Middle Tennessee State University on September 18 and at the University of Tennessee Chattanooga in the Spring, I hope to see you there!
To keep up with me, I hope you visit my Facebook page, I’d love to hear from you – let me know how I can help YOU!