Did you know up to 90% of musicians will experience playing related pain or injury? If not you, then someone you know, and if not now, then more than likely later!
We suffer in silence, thinking that:
- Pain is just part of it
- If I tell anyone I won’t get hired
- If I rest it will get better or go away
- The next step is surgery
- I just have to play until I can’t anymore and then I’ll get a J-O-B
These are NOT true!
There is such a stigma around musician’s injuries and playing related pain, but the reality is it effects most of us and it’s time for us to change the narrative around it by TALKING about it.
There are a LOT of things you can do if you have pain, but ignoring it won’t fix it. And you can’t just stretch, either!
If you only stretch what’s tight, and never strengthen what’s weak (or needs more endurance!) the cycle of pain and disfunction will continue.
This is where I come in.
Musician-specific personal training takes into account your instrument, lifestyle and the unique muscle imbalances you have when designing a fitness program for you.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE VISIT THE PERSONAL TRAINING PAGE
ONLINE COACHING IS THE IDEAL FOR THOSE WHO:
- Are self motivated but don’t know what to do.
- Want a structured, personalized workout program but can’t have (or don’t necessarily need) a personal trainer with them.
- Have an irregular schedule that makes 1-on-1 training difficult if not impossible.
We offer several options to cover all the bases – because having an irregular/unpredictable schedule shouldn’t be your excuse for not taking care of yourself.
- Online Only Coaching
- Online Hybrid Coaching
- Pre-programmed Workouts
- Written Workout Plan
- Job Security - Group Coaching
BEING A MUSICIAN DOES NOT MEAN LIVING WITH PAIN!
Check out the different types of workshops that we offer!
“Workouts for Musicians”
- One Hour Workshop - Why should musicians be concerned with exercise or strength training? Beyond the obvious, there are some scary statistics and the most recent research shows up to 93% of musicians can become injured as a direct result of playing their instruments. This basic lecture will cover the statistics and the basics of what you can do prevent injury in yourself and your students. Students of this workshop will have the option to participate in stretches, activation exercises and movement drills.
- If you are a school looking to fulfill your NASM accredidation requirements, this workshop fulfills that requirement.
"Becoming Music Strong"
- Two Hour Workshop/Lecture - This comprehensive workshop will go beyond the basics. After covering the scary statistics of why musicians especially need strength training, we will cover the essentials of musician's exercise, finishing with going through an entire workout from start to finish.
- Sometimes you need more than the basics, you need ongoing help. Whether you have a weekend or a week long band or instrumental camp or need someone as a faculty resource on your staff for the university, we can help in a variety of ways.
ADD ON: PERSONAL TRAINING
- Individual personal training sessions may be added to any lecture or workshop. Training session will be a one-on-one session.
ADD ON: LESSONS / MASTER CLASSES
- A one-hour masterclass (in any instrument, conducting or vocal) may be added on to any lecture or workshop for an additional fee.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE VISIT THE WORKSHOPS PAGE
You may not be performing on stage at the moment but practicing can still wear tear on your body. The team at Music Strong is here to help! In 1.5 hours we will walk you through an instrument specific workout that will keep you strong, healthy and injury free throughout your career as a musician.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Proper form
- Workout order
- How to mobilize, stretch and activate
- What specific exercises you need to do for each instrument to help you avoid injury, increase strength and endurance and correct muscle imbalances.
Each workout is designed specifically for YOUR instrument and includes:
- Specific strength exercises
- Basics of form and strength training technique
- Progressions and Regressions
- Options for if you have equipment, access to a gym or no equipment at all
- A downloadable PDF of the workout
- The recording of the workout so you can watch it at your leisure
Are you ready to take your life back? Ready to have the last painful playing session or injury REALLY be your last?
Regain not just your strength but be stronger than ever, able to play any gig, concert, session or tour with confidence
Choose between 6 weeks fast track or 12 week total reset!